Celestron's CGEM-1100 features our high-end 11" Schmidt Cassegrian OTA with XLT coatings mounted on our brand new CGEM™ mount.
The CGEM™ mount has a fresh, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron’s higher-end SCT optical tubes (up to 11") securely and vibration free which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing.
Ergonomic Design - CGEM was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
Innovation - The CGEM series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star™. All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM, sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
Celestron's CGEM mount is the perfect fit between the Advanced Series and CGE Series. Offering the portability of the Advanced Series and the precision of the CGE.
- 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- CGEM Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the "mirror flop" typical of bushing focus mechanisms
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Ultra sturdy 2" steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
Computerized Mount Features
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Redesigned electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced
- New "All-star" Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Meridian preference for slewing - allows you to approach an object from the side of the Meridian that maximizes tracking (and imaging) time
- Solar System alignment method - allows you to align your telescope and view the moon and planets during the day
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows you set maximum slew rate
- Tandem mode allows you to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number: the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double-line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- RS-232 communication port on hand to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Secure power plug ensures that the mount's power source is not accidentally disconnected
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
CGEM Series Manual ( PDF)
Product Info Sheets
CGEM Info Sheet ( PDF)
Astronomy Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) ( PDF)
Telescope Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) ( PDF)
Telescope Maintenance (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) ( PDF)
Celestial Observing (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) ( PDF)
Motor Control Firmware Updates v.2.2.5 ( ZIP)
NexRemote v. 1.7.22 ( ZIP)
Hand Control Firmware Updates v.1.1.14 ( ZIP)
Celestron Firmware Manager (CFM) v.1.7.3310 ( ZIP)
PEC Tool v.1.0.18 ( ZIP)
Why don't the images I see through my telescope look the same as photos I see taken with the same type of telescope?
How far can I see with a telescope?
Polar alignment for the southern hemisphere
I upgraded-reflashed my hand control and now I'm not getting the control functions for my mount, but for another mount. What happened? How can this be fixed?
My CGEM mount won't let the front latitude screw lock the mount. What's wrong - is the mount unstable?
I downloaded the PECTool software from the Celestron website to my Windows Vista 32 PC. When I tried tio install it, 'ERROR: NexRemote not allowed to run on WinNTX' was displayed. How do I get it to run?
I hibernated my GOTO mount. When I powered back up and woke up the scope, it did not point as accurately as before. What gives?
I'm using a focal reducer and can't seem to focus my SLR camera on my Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope (SCT). What am I doing wrong?
I'm doing photography with an eyepiece, using my camera with and without a lens. What are the f-numbers of my setup for the afocal and eyepiece projection methods?
Which screws are safe to remove for mounting an accessory finderscope on my Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope (SCT)?
Can my NexStar hand control be repaired instead of replaced?
I need to box up my scope and ship it. What's the best way to pack it?
Why won't my image erecting eyepiece or image erecting diagonal always give right side up images with my scope?
My image shifts when I'm focusing my Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope (SCT) and after I get a great focus, the focus will change. What is happening?
What is field rotation? How does it affect my scope's viewing and imaging?
Why do I need to guide my telescope for photography? Don't accurate alignment and firmware functions like periodic error correction (PEC) take care of it all?
My GPS-equipped scope is showing the wrong time information. How do I correct this?
I "accidentally" took apart my eyepiece, removing the lens that goes closest to my eye. Help! How do I put it back together?
I am using a SkyScout Connect with my Celestron GOTO telescope. Do I still need to align my scope?
I am using a GPS with my Celestron GOTO telescope. Do I still need to bother with SkyAlign?
I want to use the focal reducer/corrector with an aftermarket eyepiece holder. What is the best spacing, focal length, etc?
Why am I getting "This mount does not support the PECTool" when using my CGE, CPC, CGEM and CGE Pro mounts?
Why am I getting "Found Difference at Address 301: Value of 3589 should be 3590" when ugrading my CGEM motor control firmware? Is this serious?
What are the specifications for an AC adapter that will work with Celestron's
When I use IDENTIFY with my GOTO scope, what is it showing me?
My CGEM mount is moving in the wrong direction when I use the direction arrows. What is wrong? How can I change the direction of the direction buttons?
My images with a CCD camera are showing black or white streaks on the brighter stars. They are all bloomed out. What's wrong with my scope?
My NexStar hand control displays "Offset Too Large" when I'm trying to change my scope's alignment. What does this mean? How to I fix the issue?
How much will the addition of a focal reducer increase my scope's field of view?
I need information on the RS-232 (serial) commands for NexStar controlled telescopes.
I have two scopes I want to use side-by-side or tandem with my Celestron CGE - CGE Pro - CGEM - Advanced GT mount. Can I do that?
How do I balance my CGEM-mount optical tube assembly (OTA) in declination?
Can I change the position of my CGEM equatorial head on the tripod?
I have a CGEM mount and I need to use it at latitudes below 15 degrees or above 70 degrees. Can I do that?
How do I use the polar axis finderscope for the CGEM mount?
I want to permanently pier-mount my CGEM. What size is the hole on the head holding the central rod?
My CGEM has wires dangling in the polar axis shaft. Will these interefere with the insertion and use of the polar axis finderscope #94224?
What is the threading on the outside of my Celestron GOTO mount's power jack?
What is the size of the threading holding the visual back to my Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope? Is it the same for all Celestron SCTs?
How do I remove the optics from the optical tube assembly (OTA) of my Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope (SCT)?
How do I remove the optics from the optical tube assembly (OTA) of my Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope (SCT)?
The standard visual back on my Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope (SCT) has threads on the outside of the barrel. What are these threads for?
How do I program my flash upgradeable hand control? What about motor control upgrades?
Miscellaneous Specifications for the CGEM - CGEM DX Mount
My Celestron mount is making a high pitched whine or hum even when it's not moving. Is this a problem?
The hand control of my new scope shows the message â€œBootloader invalid package 0080â€ or â€œBootloader invalid package 0002â€. How can I fix this and make the mount work?
What is the screw size of the adjusting screws for the polar finderscope #94224 for the Advanced GT and CGEM â€“ CGEM DX mount?
What are the differences between the CGEM and CGEM DX mounts?
What battery type is used in the CGEM and CGEM DX mounts for the real-time clock (RTC)?
Will the 94224 Polar Finder work with the CGEM and the CGEM DX mounts?
How do I replace the real-time clock (RTC) battery in my CGEM/CGEM DX mount?
My CGEM â€“ CGEM DX mount is missing the polar axis index sticker. How do I position a replacement sticker?
What screws are used for the C11 optical tube assembly (OTA)?
I'm using an 11â€ Schmidt-Cassegrain tube (SCT) on my CGEM mount and the scope won't balance in RA. What can be done about this?
What is back focus? What problems does it cause for visual and photographic use of my scope? What are related focus issues?
What is vignetting?
What is magnification/power as it pertains to telescopes?
What is resolution and resolving power?
What are the types of optical design aberrations?
What is field of view?
What is near focus?
What is the focal ratio? How is it related to the f-stop?
What are diffraction-limited optics?
What is light gathering power and magnitude limit?
What is contrast?
What is focal length?
What is aperture?
The autoguiding port diagram in my scope's manual is different than the diagram for the NexGuide connection. Are these differences important?
When should I use the CALIBRATE MOUNT utility? What does it do?
What are the instructions for getting my CN-16 or SkySync GPS to work with my Celestron GOTO mount?
Where can I download the unified ASCOM drivers for Celestron?
What is the operating temperature range for Celestron telescopes?
What is a quick summary of how to do All-Star polar alignment with CGEM, CGEM DX, CGE, CGE Pro and Advanced VX and Advanced GT Series mounts?
Why do I need polar alignment?
What is precise polar alignment?
What is accurate polar alignment?
What is rough polar alignment?
How do you determine a telescope's magnification?
I am looking at my Celestron scope, and it has a serial number on it. Can you tell me the model, type and year it was made?
How do you stop a GoTo slew in progress? Is there a better way than turning off power or pulling the power plug?
I have a Celestron GoTo scope, a Mac, and an autoguider. I want to autoguide with the scope. Is your autoguider port Mac compatible?
Is there a way to run Celestronâ€™s Window-based drivers and software on Macs?
What are the pros and cons of adding aftermarket collimating screws to my Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope (SCT)?
What does magnitude mean?
Which scope aperture is best for different kinds of objects?
What is LST? Where do I find it in my GoTo scopeâ€™s menu?
What is a star party? Where can I find information on star parties around my area?
Iâ€™m experiencing motion in RA east after slews with my Celestron German GoTo mount. Is this backlash, and how do I correct it?
How do I align my Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopeâ€™s (SCTâ€™s) corrector plate and secondary?
How do I use a third party periodic error correction (PEC) program like PEMPro with my Celestron mount?
How can I get Celestron software to run on my Windows 7 computer?