Celestron's CGEM-1100 features our high-end 11" Schmidt Cassegrian OTA with XLT coatings mounted on our brand new CGEM™ mount.
The CGEM™ mount has a fresh, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron’s higher-end SCT optical tubes (up to 11") securely and vibration free which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing.
Ergonomic Design - CGEM was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
Innovation - The CGEM series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star™. All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM, sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
Celestron's CGEM mount is the perfect fit between the Advanced Series and CGE Series. Offering the portability of the Advanced Series and the precision of the CGE.
- 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- CGEM Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the "mirror flop" typical of bushing focus mechanisms
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Ultra sturdy 2" steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
Computerized Mount Features
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Redesigned electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced
- New "All-star" Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Meridian preference for slewing - allows you to approach an object from the side of the Meridian that maximizes tracking (and imaging) time
- Solar System alignment method - allows you to align your telescope and view the moon and planets during the day
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows you set maximum slew rate
- Tandem mode allows you to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number: the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double-line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- RS-232 communication port on hand to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Secure power plug ensures that the mount's power source is not accidentally disconnected
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
CGEM Series Manual ( PDF)
Product Info Sheets
CGEM Info Sheet ( PDF)
Astronomy Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) ( PDF)
Telescope Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) ( PDF)
Telescope Maintenance (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) ( PDF)
Celestial Observing (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) ( PDF)
Motor Control Firmware Updates v.2.2.5 ( ZIP)
NexRemote v. 1.7.22 ( ZIP)
Hand Control Firmware Updates v.1.1.14 ( ZIP)
PEC Tool v.1.0.18 ( ZIP)
I downloaded the PECTool software from the Celestron website to my Windows Vista 32 PC. When I tried tio install it, 'ERROR: NexRemote not allowed to run on WinNTX' was displayed. How do I get it to run?