Celestron's CGEM-1100 features our high-end 11" Schmidt Cassegrian OTA with XLT coatings mounted on our brand new CGEM™ mount.
The CGEM™ mount has a fresh, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron’s higher-end SCT optical tubes (up to 11") securely and vibration free which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing.
Ergonomic Design - CGEM was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
Innovation - The CGEM series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star™. All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM, sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
Celestron's CGEM mount is the perfect fit between the Advanced Series and CGE Series. Offering the portability of the Advanced Series and the precision of the CGE.
- 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- CGEM Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the "mirror flop" typical of bushing focus mechanisms
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Ultra sturdy 2" steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
Computerized Mount Features
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Redesigned electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced
- New "All-star" Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Meridian preference for slewing - allows you to approach an object from the side of the Meridian that maximizes tracking (and imaging) time
- Solar System alignment method - allows you to align your telescope and view the moon and planets during the day
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows you set maximum slew rate
- Tandem mode allows you to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number: the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double-line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- RS-232 communication port on hand to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Secure power plug ensures that the mount's power source is not accidentally disconnected
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
CGEM Series Manual ( PDF)
Product Info Sheets
CGEM Info Sheet ( PDF)
Astronomy Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) ( PDF)
Telescope Basics (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) ( PDF)
Telescope Maintenance (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) ( PDF)
Celestial Observing (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) ( PDF)
Motor Control Firmware Updates v.2.2.5 ( ZIP)
NexRemote v. 1.7.22 ( ZIP)
Hand Control Firmware Updates v.1.1.14 ( ZIP)
Celestron Firmware Manager (CFM) v.1.7.3310 ( ZIP)
PEC Tool v.1.0.18 ( ZIP)
I downloaded the PECTool software from the Celestron website to my Windows Vista 32 PC. When I tried tio install it, 'ERROR: NexRemote not allowed to run on WinNTX' was displayed. How do I get it to run?
What is back focus? What problems does it cause for visual and photographic use of my scope? What are related focus issues?
What is vignetting?
What is magnification/power as it pertains to telescopes?
What is resolution and resolving power?
What are the types of optical design aberrations?
What is field of view?
What is near focus?
What is the focal ratio? How is it related to the f-stop?
What are diffraction-limited optics?
What is light gathering power and magnitude limit?
What is contrast?
What is focal length?
What is aperture?
What is the operating temperature range for Celestron telescopes?
What is a quick summary of how to do All-Star polar alignment with CGEM, CGEM DX, CGE, CGE Pro and Advanced VX and Advanced GT Series mounts?
Why do I need polar alignment?
What is precise polar alignment?
What is rough polar alignment?
I am looking at my Celestron scope, and it has a serial number on it. Can you tell me the model, type and year it was made?
How do you stop a GoTo slew in progress? Is there a better way than turning off power or pulling the power plug?
Is there a way to run Celestronâ€™s Window-based drivers and software on Macs?
What are the pros and cons of adding aftermarket collimating screws to my Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope (SCT)?
What does magnitude mean?
Which scope aperture is best for different kinds of objects?
What is LST? Where do I find it in my GoTo scopeâ€™s menu?
What is a star party? Where can I find information on star parties around my area?
How do I use a third party periodic error correction (PEC) program like PEMPro with my Celestron mount?
How can I accurately conduct a polar alignment?
My Celestron mount is making a high pitched whine or hum even when itâ€™s not moving. Is this a problem?
Why am I seeing â€œThis mount does not support the PECToolâ€ when using my CGE, CPC, CGEM and CGE Pro mounts?
I am using SkyScout Connect with my Celestron GoTo telescope. Do I still need to align my scope?
How can I get Celestron software to run on my Windows 7 computer?
I have a Celestron GoTo telescope, a Mac, and an autoguider. I want to autoguide with the telescope. Is your autoguider port Mac-compatible?
Why is the autoguiding port diagram in my telescope's manual different than the diagram for the NexGuide connection?
How do I polar align my telescope if I'm in the southern hemisphere?
Iâ€™m experiencing motion in RA east after slews with my Celestron German GoTo mount. Is this backlash, and how do I correct it?
What screws are used for the C11 OTA?
When should I use the Calibrate Mount utility? What does it do?
Where can I download the unified ASCOM drivers for Celestron scopes?
What is the size of the threading holding the visual back to my Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope? Is it the same for all Celestron SCTs?
My NexStar hand control displays â€œOffset Too Largeâ€ when Iâ€™m trying to change my scopeâ€™s alignment. What does this mean? How do I fix the issue?
When I use Identify with my GoTo scope, what is it showing me?
I am using a GPS with my Celestron GoTo telescope. Do I still need to bother with SkyAlign?
My GPS-equipped scope is showing the wrong time information. How do I correct this?
How do I remove the optics from the OTA of my SCT?
My image shifts when Iâ€™m focusing my SCT and after I get a great focus, the focus will change. What is happening?
Why wonâ€™t my erect image eyepiece or diagonal always give right side up images with my scope?
I need to box up my scope and ship it. Whatâ€™s the best way to pack it?
Iâ€™m using a focal reducer and canâ€™t seem to focus my SLR camera on my Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope (SCT). What am I doing wrong?
Iâ€™m doing photography with an eyepiece, using my camera with and without a lens. What are the f-numbers of my setup for the afocal and eyepiece projection methods?
I hibernated my GoTo mount. When I powered back up and woke up the scope, it did not point as accurately as before. What gives?
What is field rotation? How does it affect my scopeâ€™s viewing and imaging?
Why do I need to guide my telescope for photography? Donâ€™t accurate alignment and firmware functions like periodic error correction (PEC) take care of it all?
I upgraded/reflashed my hand control and now Iâ€™m not getting the control functions for my mount, but for another mount. What happened? How can this be fixed?
I want to use the focal reducer/corrector with an aftermarket eyepiece holder. What is the best spacing, focal length, etc?
My images with a CCD camera are showing black or white streaks on the brighter stars. They are all bloomed out. Whatâ€™s wrong with my scope?
How do I align my SCTâ€™s corrector plate and secondary mirror?
How do I program my flash upgradeable hand control? What about motor control upgrades?
Why don't the images I see through my telescope look the same as photos I see taken with the same type of telescope?
How do you determine a telescope's magnification?
How far can I see with a telescope?
Will the 94224 Polar Finder work with the CGEM and the CGEM DX mounts?
What is the screw size of the adjusting screws for the polar finderscope #94224 for the Advanced GT and CGEM/CGEM DX mount?
What is the threading on the outside of my Celestron GoTo mountâ€™s power jack?
How much will the addition of a focal reducer increase my scopeâ€™s field of view?
What are the specifications for an AC adapter that will work with Celestronâ€™s GoTo mounts?
The standard visual back on my Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope (SCT) has threads on the outside of the barrel. What are these threads for?
I â€œaccidentallyâ€ took apart my eyepiece, removing the lens that goes closest to my eye. Help! How do I put it back together?
Which screws are safe to remove for mounting an accessory finderscope on my Celestron SCT?
The hand control of my new scope shows the message â€œBootloader invalid package 0080â€ or â€œBootloader invalid package 0002â€. How can I fix this and make the mount work?
What are the instructions for getting my CN-16 or SkySync GPS to work with my Celestron GoTo mount?
Can my NexStar hand control be repaired instead of replaced?
Where can I get information on the RS-232 (serial) commands for NexStar controlled telescopes?
My CGEM/CGEM DX mount is missing the polar axis index sticker. How do I position a replacement sticker?
How do I replace the real-time clock (RTC) battery in my CGEM/CGEM DX mount?
What battery type is used in the CGEM and CGEM DX mounts for the real-time clock (RTC)?
What are the differences between the CGEM and CGEM DX mounts?
Are there any additional specifications on the CGEM/CGEM DX Mount?
My CGEM has wires dangling in the polar axis shaft. Will these interfere with the insertion and use of the polar axis finderscope #94224?
I want to permanently pier-mount my CGEM. What size is the hole on the head holding the central rod?
How do I use the polar axis finderscope for the CGEM mount?
I have a CGEM mount and I need to use it at latitudes below 15 degrees or above 70 degrees. Can I do that?
Can I change the position of my CGEM equatorial head on the tripod?
Iâ€™m using an 11â€ Schmidt-Cassegrain tube (SCT) on my CGEM mount and the scope wonâ€™t balance in RA. What can be done about this?
How do I balance my CGEM-mount optical tube assembly (OTA) in declination?
I have two scopes I want to use side-by-side or tandem with my Celestron CGE â€“ CGE Pro â€“ CGEM â€“ Advanced GT mount. Can I do that?
My CGEM mount is moving in the wrong direction when I use the direction arrows. What is wrong? How can I change the direction of the direction buttons?
Why am I getting â€œFound Difference at Address 301: Value of 3589 should be 3590
My CGEM mount wonâ€™t let the front latitude screw lock the mount. Whatâ€™s wrong â€“ is the mount unstable?